April's HEAs

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Susi's reads:
For me April really sucked reading-wise. I had so much to do with the 2 jobs (yes I'm that crazy) and the uni starting again that I actually had days I didn't read at all. Yes it was that crazy. But I'm slowing regaining speed so I think I still might reach 150 books this years. *cheers herself* And yes 3 Megan Hart stories. *blush*
1. Passion Model by Megan Hart
When this one came out in print I just couldn't resist. Wonderful scifi romance AND there is Amidst a Crowd of stars at the- my all time favorite novella ever. Must Buy!

2. Stranded With Her Ex by Jill Sorenson
First of Sorensons new releases and I devoured it. Fun and sexy but I have to admit that I felt the difference between this one being a category romance and her other full novel length titles. Still very enjoyable though.

3. The Chase (Fast Track, #4) by Erin McCarthy
I was a bit unsure about this one because I never thought much about Evan in the previous novels but he won my heart really fast. Cute and sweet contemporary.

4. Collide by Megan Hart
OMFG I never thought I would like this hero but I did- so much. Wonderful novel with a lot of things to think about. Still sorting through my thoughts before I will be able to form a coherent review. Stay tuned.

5. Magic on the Hunt (Allie Beckstrom, #6) by Devon Monk

Not sure what to say about this one- it was gripping and I liked it but for the "special" factor was missing. I'm not sure if it's the urban fantasy genre in general though- I don't seem to be as addicted to those I was in the past.

6. The Edge of Night by Jill Sorenson
A love story in the middle of gangterritory- heart-wrenching and again characters you just can't help but fall for. I was a bit sad that the YA plotline wasn't what I imagined it could be though. Helpless romantic- that's me. =P

7. Three to Tango by Lauren Dane, Megan Hart, Emma Holly, Bethany Kane (my review)
This is one of the best anthologies I ever read. I loved it so much and I discovered a new to me author- Emma Holly. Alone for that it was worth it. But we also had perfect stories by Dane and Hart. Highly recommended read.

8. Sabine (And the Beast #1) by Moira Rogers (my review)
Very good fantasy short story- the setting was great and again I love how Rogers always builds the setting and world with such an easy and flowing way- you don't even notice how much you actually learn. Wonderful and already highly anticipating Kisri, book 2 in this series.

9. Touch and Go by Michelle Rowen
This one caught me by surprise- perhaps I should really start reading blurbs cuz I thought it would be a contemporary cuz it is a Blaze but it was more of a PNR read. But I still enjoyed it really much- very sexy and so much fun. I really love Rowen's humor.

Caro's reads:
Wow that was a good month reading wise for me =P I have NO idea why, but last month I went on a YA book binge.O_O I hadn’t read a YA since August last year but I ended up reading 7 of them O_o what is UP with me?!!! Go on Susi slap me lol


1. The Bride (Lairds' Fiancées, #1) by Julie Garwood
I don’t read Medieval romances often but one in a while I do appreciate it. This was cute and refreshing. The alpha hero being all alpha was sometimes a bit hard on my feminist side. ;)

2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I was pleasantly surprised by this book.I admit I bought it thinking I’d hate it because it was set in Paris (city I really dislike)and that it would be full of clichés. But nope it's addictive and really romantic. I loved the hero! Very cute book who will make you smile.

3. Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles
I LOVED it.Wow fantastic book with ‘real’ Young adults. I think it helps that these YA have smex and curse and everything. The love story was heartbreaking and beautiful. *happy sigh* And since the hero is Mexican I got to learn a few Spanish curse words LOL I highly recommend it *g*

4. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
A real page turner. I really enjoyed it. The characters act like real teenagers and I found myself in the heroine. I wish there had been more to the story though...we never get into the ‘hero’’s life. It would have made it perfect. A nice YA book. I'll be waiting for the next book by this young author.

5. Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles
This is the 2nd book int he series by Simone Elkeles. This time it’s about the 2nd Fuentes brother. I loved it as much as the first book. I just couldn’t stop reading, it’s just that good. I can’t wait for the last brother’s story coming out in August. NOM nom!

6. Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2) by Stacia Kane
This is the 2nd book int he series by Simone Elkeles. This time it’s about the 2nd Fuentes brother. I loved it as much as the first book. I just couldn’t stop reading, it’s just that good. I can’t wait for the last brother’s story coming out in August. NOM nom!

7. The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa
A few months ago, I ordered the 3 books in the series on a whim. This is a page turner and I will give it this, I was never bored. BUT it wasn’t anything I hadn’t read before. It was good but It made me think of quite a few books on faeries I’ve read before.

8. Winter's Passage (Iron Fey, #1.5) by Julie Kagawa
This is a short novella of what happens exactly after the end of book 1. It was nice and fast to read. I don’t think it brought much to the series ARC though.


9. Collision Course (8th Wing #1) by Zoë Archer 
This is a fast read too. After so many YA it was a great change to read this hot sci-fi romance. Nom nom.


10. Sabine (And the Beast #1) by Moira Rogers (my review)
What a cute and smexy fairy tale! I recommend it highly. Major NOM


11. Enclave (Razorland, #1)by Ann Aguirre
WOW. This is how I felt when I finished this book WOW. I loved it to pieces. I’m still recovering from it. What a fantastic book. i’m not sure I even have words for it. One of my favorite books this year. Waiting for the next book in the series is going to be very hard *sob*

12. Hounded (Iron Druid Chronicles #1) by Kevin Hearne
I LOVED this audiobook. I story was very funny,interesting and original. It reminded me of the Dresden Files. I also loved the narrator reading this audiobook *roar*. And his impersonation of Oberon was hilarious!  I can’t wait for book 2. *sob* I can’t recommend this book enough.

So how was your April? What was you're favorite read? Anything we just NEED to check out?



PS: Susi tortured me until I tightened all my reviews!! Yes this is the short version...lol I don't do short very well LOL  <===yes Susi I'm totally telling on you! lol

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Susi dear, you are saying April was a slow reading month with ONLY 9 books read? Wow! :-D lol, congarts and good luck with reaching those 150 books!

Haha, and Caro: I know! That's the only reason I ahve a hate/love relationship with Twitter, what I want to say never fits into just 140 characters! lol :-D

Great month for you Ladies, congrats and here's to an equally enjoyable May! :-) *hugs*

MrsMixx said...

@Stella Susi has an impossible goal (well at least very challenging) on Goodreads and it' keep telling her she's late. LOL I chose an easier one but at least Goodreads is not always pushing me ;)
I think the worst part is that 9 books is not much for Susi O_O
Yep I never do ONE tweet, I suck at short answers. lol
Thanks hon, I hope you'll have a great May reading list too =)

SusiSunshine said...

@Stella Yeah I try to have 13 each month and yes that is crazy. But I have to at least try or I will start to slack. LOL

Post a Comment

Stats

Book Lovers Inc.

All the HEAs

3 1/2 stars (1) 4 1/2 stars (1) 4 stars (1) about happy books (1) Allie Beckstrom (1) Allison Brennan (1) Ann Aguirre (2) Anne Stuart (2) Annemarie Hartnett (3) audiobooks (1) baby (2) bags (2) ballwinder (1) Bethany Kane (1) BLI (3) Blodeuedd (1) Blood and Shadows (1) Bolero (1) Book Addiction (1) Book Lovers Inc (4) books (1) Cardigan (5) Carolyn Jewel (1) charlotte Featherstone (1) Chevry (1) Christina Henry (1) covers (6) cowboys (1) craziness (1) Cynthia Eden (1) Darynda Jones (1) Daybreak (2) Deidre Knight (2) Devon Monk (1) diy (1) DNF (1) Earworm of the Week (4) Emma Holly (1) Erin McCarthy (1) erotica (7) eurovision (1) FO Friday (4) Gena Showalter (1) Guest HEAs (3) guest review (1) guestposting (1) hat (1) historical (1) Ilona Andrews (2) inez kelley (2) J.D. Robb (1) Jaci Burton (3) Jean Brashear (1) Jill Sorenson (1) Joely Sue Burkhart (5) Joey W. Hill (1) Julia Barrett (7) Karen MacInerney (1) Keri Arthur (2) Kevin Hearne (1) Kirsten Kapur (1) knitting (8) Kresley Cole (1) Krista D. Ball (1) Lauren Dane (4) Lea closetreader (1) Leanna Renee Hieber (1) Leslie Parrish (1) Lexi Ryan (2) Linda Howard (1) Linda Jones (1) LIsa Kleypas (1) Lorelei James (1) Lucani Lovers (3) Malabrigo Yarn (1) Marked Series (3) Maya Banks (6) megan hart (5) Middlemarch Mates (1) Moira Rogers (8) monthly HEAs (4) Olivia Cunning (1) originally posted at The Geeky Bookworm (86) Paris (1) play by play (1) review (94) Richelle Mead (1) Riley Jenson (2) Robert E. Crull (1) Robyn Carr (2) Rough Riders (1) S.J. Day (3) Sara Brookes (1) Saskia Walker (1) Shannon McKelden (1) shawls (7) Shelley Munro (1) Sherry Thomas (1) Shiloh Walker (2) Sirantha Jax (2) Southern Arcana (3) Stacia Kane (1) Star Runner (1) steeking (1) Stephanie Julian (4) Stephen West (3) Stilettos INC (2) Susi (3) Sweet Series (3) Sydney Somers (1) Taygete (1) Teal Ceagh (3) The Connaghers (2) The Edge Series (1) The House of Rohan (1) The Travises (1) Tina Donahue (2) Tracey O'Hara (1) tracy cooper-posey (1) Victoria Dahl (4) WIP (5) WIP Wednesday (6)

Popular Posts

  © On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 Modified by SusiSunshine   © Secret HEA Society 2010

Back to TOP